Thursday 2 February 2017

The Image

When Editing my film I added a filter to the scenes to make them darker and give them more of a horror vibe as they were too bright and therefore, we wouldn't achieve the effect that we need for the audience to be frightened. Noticing this, I took a screenshot of two images from my film.

From my research I found that horror posters only give little or no insight onto the antagonist of the movie. So, I decided to the same as it engages the viewers of the posters as they want to know who and what is the antagonist. To do this I had to use two images of my clown and merge them together as well as adding many effects so that the audience can barely see the clown but can still make out that its something horrific in the mirror.




This was the tint I used on final cut pro x 


Here are the two images


For the image of the box I used the magic wand tool on photoshop to remove the background.


I then placed the other image over it to get the clown inside the mirror. However, it didn't match with the background. So, I used the lighten effect on both images to get the final image.




1 comment:

  1. Again, it's not just what you have done here that needs to be conveyed, it's why you have done it. Why have you made these decisions? What has influenced you? Consider and link your research here.

    ReplyDelete